The sections on this page are provided to aid administrators of the project.
The project will have the Roadmap specifying the next 3 Major or Minor releases (e.g. The X or Y in the version X.Y.z). So for example the current production version as of writing is 0.9.4, so the Roadmap should contain 0.10.0, 0.11.0, and 0.12.0 (or perhaps 1.0.0 if we feel we are ready).
- The Committers will hold a meeting after each release to review and adjust the Roadmap so that 3 future versions are mapped out at all times. Input from the community at large, especially Contributors and users is welcome.
- Each version in the Roadmap will consist of some particular overriding theme(s) e.g. Resubmission of Events, Replay Services, etc. These themes will largely be determined by production users of Ikasan EIP and the votes that JIRA issues have.
- Generally speaking the JIRA items for a version should relate to those theme(s) and should be the focus for the community.
- Individual JIRA issues will be given estimates, have their dependencies recorded, have a fix version assigned and if appropriate also have someone assigned to them.
- Given the above, we can estimate release dates for versions.
- The Committers will review new JIRA issues weekly and put the issues into the Roadmap accordingly. Input from the community at large, especially Contributors and users is welcome.
- Emergency JIRA issues (Blocker or Critical) will of course be reviewed as soon as they come in.
Documentation on Roles, Groups and Users