The Ikasan EIP community uses IRC for real time chat. You'll usually find a bunch of users and developers hanging out there discussing various Ikasan EIP issues!
- Hosting provider: freenode
- Channel to join: #ikasaneip
How to use IRC
If you are new to IRC clients, then this will get you started on how to use one. I will be explaining the steps for using Pidgin chat client to join our project's IRC channel. The steps will be similar for other IRC clients too.
- Download Pidgin http://www.pidgin.im/download/. Select the right one based on which Operating System you want to install it on.
- Follow the instructions to install it on your system.
- Open Pidgin (on *nix OS, you just have to run the pidgin command)
- Click Manage Acccount -> Add
- Select protocol IRC
- Give an username which you want to use while joining the IRC channel(s)
- Enter the server name as irc.freenode.net
- Leave the password field empty
- Enable the account
- Under Buddies, select "Add a Chat"
- In the channel textbox, enter #ikasaneip
- You can leave the rest of the fields empty and click on Add
- Right click on the newly added channel and select "Join"
That's it! You now have joined the project's IRC channel.
For more FAQs on how to use Pidgin: